Definitions and Interpretation
1.1. “consent” means any voluntary, specific and informed expression of will in terms of which permission is given by or on behalf of you of the website for the processing of the Information;
1.2 “Myloan Limited” means Myloan Limited Company incorporated in Lesotho.
1.3 “Information” means any personal and commercial information or information relating to you, including but not limited to:
- contact information such as name, business name, email address, mailing address, registration number, and phone number;
- financial information such as bank statements, credit card statements, personal and business credit history, payment behaviour, bank account information, and tax ID number;
- IP address;
- business information including company size, and business type;
- correspondence sent by you which is of a private or confidential nature;
- the views or opinions of others about you
1.4 “Myloan Limited website” means the website or any part thereof which is accessible from https://www.myloan.co.ls//
1.5 “users/s / you / your / or yourself” means any person accessing any part of this website
Certain pages on the Myloan Limited website have been structured so that you can access the Myloan Limited website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. However, should you wish to make full use of the Myloan Limited website you may be required to provide us with personal information and accordingly we have made this notice readily available on the Myloan Limited website.
By accessing and using Myloan Limited website and/or by interacting with Myloan Limited in any capacity whatsoever, you consent to the processing of the Information on the basis set out below. If you do not consent you should stop accessing and/or using Myloan Limited website. This consent will apply in relation to each interaction between yourself and Myloan Limited.
Certain services are linked with those Linked Sites, some which offer you the option to share with both Myloan Limited and the third party personal data you provide. However, Myloan Limited will not share the Information with those Linked Sites unless you make that choice.
Types of information collected
When you register on Myloan Limited website we need to collect, use, process and in some instances, share the Information in order to provide you with the services, products or finance you have applied for. The Information may include, but is not limited to:
- financial information;
- contact information;
- IP address;
- business information; and
- any other information that may be provided by you to Myloan Limited or obtained by Myloan Limited or required by Myloan Limited in relation to the provision of the services of Myloan Limited to you.
Once you choose to register with Myloan Limited and provide us with the Information, it will be used for the purposes of providing you with the requested service, products or finance if your application is successful. Myloan Limited will comply with all laws, contracts or regulations when it processes the Information. We respect your privacy and undertake not to sell, rent or lease the Information to others.
Certain non-personal information may be collected while you are using Myloan Limited website. This will comprise of data about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. Myloan limited may collect and use this non-personal information to evaluate how Myloan Limited website is being used.
Technologies may vary, but in many cases, may involve a small file stored locally on the computer used to access Myloan Limited website, and may be used to store and collect information relating to your viewing and use of Myloan Limited website. Information collected through cookies is used to create a profile of our users. A profile is stored information we keep on individual users that details their preferences, their use and request history and behavioural activity, and can minimize the need for you to re-enter information.
Myloan Limited may collect your computer’s IP (“Internet Protocol”) address and domain name address, the identity of your internet service or access provider, the type of web browsing software you use, your computers operating system, the URL of the web page from which you came to visit Myloan Limited website and the language you selected for your web browsing software (collectively referred to herein as clickstream data). We use these technologies to identify our users, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer Myloan Limited website and the services offered thereon.
How Myloan Limited collects the information?
We may collect the Information in several ways, including:
- Directly from you (such as where you provide information to us when you complete an application form or agreement for one of our services, or contact us with a query or request);
- From third parties, such as our related entities, financial institutions;
- Business or commercial partners and credit agencies;
- From publicly available sources of information; and
- From our records of how you use your products or services.
How Myloan Limited will use the Information?
Myloan Limited needs and uses the Information to provide you with the services you request and to help us better understand your needs and interests in the future. Specifically, Myloan Limited uses the Information to help you complete and provide the services you have requested.
We may use the Information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity;
- To conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- To register you as a user;
- To process your application and determine whether your business qualifies for one of our loan products;
- To process, administer and manage the products, services and finance we provide to you and to collect any amounts you may owe us;
To perform any obligations under a contract with you;
- To provide products and services to you, to provide you with information about those products and services, to assist you with enquiries or purchases, to enhance your experience of our products and services, and to provide you with better customer service
- To communicate with you to send order confirmations, respond to customer service requests, send marketing communications, and send account update notifications;
- To conduct research and analyses to better understand our customers;
- To gain an understanding of the Information and communication needs, to improve or develop our products and services, or to perform research and analysis; and
- To monitor network use, quality and performance, and to operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems and infrastructure. If you refuse to supply the Information, certain consequences may naturally flow from such refusal, such as preventing Myloan Limited from concluding or performing any contracts with you.
How Myloan Limited will share the Information and with whom?
Myloan Limited will not share the Information with third parties except in responding to your requests for products, services or finance.
This may include the processing of the Information for credit reporting purposes. For this purpose, you hereby consent to Myloan Limited requesting and obtaining credit information pertaining to you from a credit agency for concluding any transaction offered by Myloan Limited through Myloan Limited website.
Myloan Limited may partner with other organizations that may provide you with the services requested through Myloan Limited website. These partner organizations are required to keep the Information confidential received on behalf of Myloan Limited and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Myloan Limited.
We may disclose the Information to third parties who provide services to us, including organizations and contractors that assist us with the purposes for which we use the Information. These services include:
- Customer enquiries and support services;
- Mailing operations, billing and debt-recovery functions;
- Information technology and network services;
- Market research and marketing;
- Credit related (credit-worthiness, credit rating, default listing etc.);
- Credit providers; and
- Fraud checking agencies.
How we use the Information for direct marketing
We may also use the Information so that we can promote and market products, services and special offers that we think will be of interest to you. This marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, or social media or by customizing on-line content and displaying advertising on websites) and may continue after you cease acquiring any products services or finance from us until you opt-out.
Data access, accuracy, amendments, retention and opting out
Myloan Limited will try to keep the Information accurate. We will provide you with access to the Information. To protect your privacy and security, when doing so, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity. Upon request, Myloan Limited will:
- Correct the Information that you state is incorrect; or
- Permit you to “opt out” of further contact (excepting notification of major changes to the service), either on the original site of registration or at any time subsequently, while still allowing basic access to the site;
- Remove you and the Information provided electronically from our database, thereby cancelling your registration. To request a correction or cancellation, send an e-mail to Info@myloan.co.ls
Myloan Limited undertakes to take all reasonable measures to protect the Information you provide us. These measures include, but are not limited to preventing unauthorised access or disclosure, maintaining data accuracy, and ensuring the appropriate use of the Information. Myloan Limited has in place reasonable physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the Information we collect.
As the internet is not a secure medium of communication, Myloan Limited cannot guarantee the security of any of the Information you input on Myloan Limited website or send to Myloan Limited via the internet. Myloan Limited is not, and will not be, responsible for any damages you or others may suffer because of the loss of confidentiality of any of the Information.
If the Information about you is inadvertently leaked or Myloan Limited security has been unlawfully breached by any unauthorized party, Myloan Limited shall immediately identify the relevant users who may be affected by the security breach, and shall contact them at their last known email address or contact details or by the quickest means possible.
Myloan Limited shall provide sufficient information to you to allow you to take the necessary protective measures against the potential consequences of the compromise, or shall advise you of the steps to be taken by you and the possible consequences that may ensure from the breach for you.
Changes to this statement
Law and jurisdiction
Acceptance of policy